If you are bothered by frown lines on your brow, crow’s feet, excessive sweating, blepharospasm, or intractable migraines, you may be an excellent candidate for Botox treatment.
Botox™, Juvederm™, Restylane™, Radiesse™, and Perlane®. With so many exciting, new fillers available, how do you know which is best for you? Though there is some overlap in their use, the various treatments have different indications and actions. After a careful examination and discussion with you regarding your goals and expectations, we can recommend which best suits your needs.
Ideal candidates for Botox injections are young to middle aged men and women, usually between 18 and 70, and want to eliminate lines and wrinkles on their face and neck.
It is important that you have realistic expectations for the Botox procedure, and you must be prepared for having repeat Botox injections every three or four months in order to maintain results.
You may be a good candidate for Botox if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have reasonably good skin tone
- You have concerns about your appearance around the forehead and/or around the eyes
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your Botox treatment
Botox may not be a viable solution for:
- People with allergies to bovine products
- Patients taking antibiotics, heart medication and other drugs
- People with certain medical conditions such as neurological diseases
- People with severe allergies
- People allergic to injected local aesthetics
- Patients with skin infections on the areas to be treated
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
- Patients with sagging, drooping skin
- Patients with sun-damaged skin
Our doctor will take a complete medical history in your initial consultation. If you are taking any medications that reduce blood clotting, such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, warfarin and some herbal medications, you will be told to stop taking these as they may increase the chance of bleeding.