Almost everyone is a candidate for Juvéderm® treatment. Juvéderm® is non-allergenic and not derived from animal sources; it is a good choice for patients who have tried collagen injections but did not experience the results they wanted. Good candidates for Juvéderm® filler treatment are those patients who would like to improve the appearance of facial lines or augment the lips.
Botox™, Juvederm™, Restylane™, Radiesse™, and Perlane®. With so many exciting, new fillers available, how do you know which is best for you? Though there is some overlap in their use, the various treatments have different indications and actions. After a careful examination and discussion with you regarding your goals and expectations, we can recommend which best suits your needs.
Radiesse™, Juvederm™, Restylane™, and Perlane® are “fillers”— similar to Collagen, but safer and longer-lasting. In the past, fillers were only injected into facial creases and wrinkles, resulting in a softened appearance of the wrinkles. More recently, these longer- lasting fillers are being used successfully for facial recontouring, to enhance the cheek, chin, nose and jaw line, as well the usual nasal folds, corners of the mouth and “lipstick lines.
Juvéderm® is likely a good option for you if you are dissatisfied with the way your face is aging — namely, if you dislike the wrinkles and creases that have surfaced. Juvéderm® may also be right for you if you feel that your lips need augmentation.
Juvéderm® is appropriate for any area of the face, including lines and creases around the mouth, nose, and forehead. The procedure can be used for facial contouring as well as to improve the appearance of scars, such as those caused by acne. Juvéderm can also be used to enhance the size and shape of the lips. All of these areas will show distinct improvement after treatment with Juvéderm® filler.
You may be a good candidate for Juvederm if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You like to improve the appearance of facial lines
- You like to augment the lips
- You have concerns about your facial appearance
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome
Juvederm may not be a viable solution for:
- People with severe scarring
- Patients taking antibiotics, heart medication and other drugs
- People with certain medical conditions such as neurological diseases
- People with severe allergies
- People allergic to injected local aesthetics
- Patients with skin infections on the areas to be treated
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
- Patients with thinner/looser skin
- Patients who are nursing or pregant
Our doctor will take a complete medical history in your initial consultation. If you are taking any medications that reduce blood clotting, such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, warfarin and some herbal medications, you will be told to stop taking these as they may increase the chance of bleeding.