Restylane® and Perlane® are considered to be a safe procedure. Restylane® and Perlane® are a non-surgical advancements in facial rejuvenation. Since it is compatible with most people and is minimally invasive, the requirements for candidacy are very low.
It is not often that a patient is excluded for medical reasons because theRestylane® and Perlane® treatment does not require invasive incisions.
You may be a good candidate for Restylane or Perlane if:
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have concerns about facial contouring and augmentation
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your Restylane treatment
Restlyane or Perlane may not be a viable solution for:
- Patients taking antibiotics, heart medication and other drugs
- Patients allergic to hyaluronic acid treatments
- People with certain medical conditions
- People allergic to injected local aesthetics
- Patients with skin infections on the areas to be treated
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
- Patients taking certain medications or supplements
Patients must be at least 18 years of age to undergo treatment, since your face will continue to grow throughout adolescence. In addition, if you have facial wrinkles they you would like to see diminished, you are a good candidate for Restylane or Perlane.
Our doctor will take a complete medical history in your initial consultation. If you are taking any medications that reduce blood clotting, such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, warfarin and some herbal medications, you will be told to stop taking these as they may increase the chance of bleeding.